Online Learning Experience
While studying in your online program, you will be offered a state-of-the-art learning environment, the freedom to participate in classes whenever and wherever you choose, and the opportunity to earn the highly respected internationally recognized degree you need to advance your career.
But studying for your degree online may also raise some questions and concerns. It's a new and unknown experience, so it's natural to be uncertain about what to expect and how the process will unfold.
While Your Success Team will walk you through the entire process upfront and will be there to support you every step of the way from first contact to graduation, we also offer the following brief highlights as an introduction to the Online Experience.
Highlights of Online Learning
- Your classes will take place in an online environment. You can log in at any time at your convenience. Once online, you'll communicate with your instructors and fellow students, read assigned texts, access digital materials, post assignments and comment on other students' assignments. While you're required to log in at least two separate days each week, you will, of course, benefit greatly from regular and more frequent attendance.
- Your online course experience will take place on an advanced learning management system designed to facilitate the optimal learning experience for students. In addition to the educational platform you'll utilize to communicate with faculty and fellow students, you'll also have access to e-textbooks offering you the capability to highlight, annotate, create bookmarks, search, download and self-assess.
- Similar to a campus classroom, the online experience will include extensive participation and interaction with faculty and fellow students. You'll also use the online forum to communicate with advisers, teaching assistants and instructional specialists.
- Once you have successfully completed your degree, you will be eligible to participate in the traditional graduation ceremony at our campus in Los Angeles California.
- Module sequences begin approximately once a month, so you can enroll in and begin your degree program, immediately putting you that much closer to your graduation.
- You'll take one module at a time, each lasting 6-8 weeks. This advanced learning method designed for adults allows you to concentrate your entire focus on one subject area before moving onto the next, while also allowing you to earn your degree in an accelerated time frame.
- The MBA degree you earn will hold the same value, acceptance and credibility as any equivalent degree earned in a traditional campus environment.
- An S.O.L. (supported open learning) option is available at selected and approved centers where students benefit from on-campus tutorials in addition to online learning.